How Big Are We Really?

Original source unknown, true to scale.

Earth is invisible at this scale.
admin

http://nzchristianforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:15 pm

K9 Web Protection

If you have children and a home PC or laptop you would know how dangerous the internet can be for them.

That's where K9 Web Protection by Blue Coat can come into play.

K9 gives me the peace of mind I need when my eleven year old son uses the computer.

K9 blocks the categories you choose, and works system wide regardless of the browse,r or login used (and you can see how effective K9 is yourself).

K9 cannot be removed without the admin password.

If K9 is stopped in Task Manager, all browsers fail.

Furthermore, proxy avoidance cannot be used if you check the proxy avoidance category.

K9 forces browser safe search and YouTube safety mode if you choose.

Blocked sites can be temporarily or permanently overridden by entering the admin password.

I thoroughly recommend K9, and would not be without it.

Did I mention it's free?

admin

Back to top Go down

Post  on Sun May 28, 2017 11:10 pm

Science Links Social Anxiety To Very Rare Psychic Gift

Brent Lambert, April 22, 2015

Study published by the National Institutes of Health and the National Center for Biotechnology Information involving participants with social anxiety disorder.

Scientists found that a large portion of people with social anxiety disorder are gifted empaths — people whose right-brains are operating significantly above normal levels and are able to perceive the physical sensitivities, spiritual urges, motivations, and intentions of other people around them.

The full article is HERE.
admin

Back to top Go down

Post  on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 am

Knowing the Meaning of Skin Moles Could Save A Life

Jatin Sharma
October 9th, 2015.
Click here for the full article.

You can tell a lot by just looking at the shape of the mole on your body. Whether it is circular, oval or spherical, shapes tells lots of things. If the moles are cancerous, then there are 2 types benign and malignant. The benign mole is not asymmetrical in shape. That means that if you draw a line passing through the middle, the two sides will match, meaning it is symmetrical. If you draw a line going through the middle of this mole, the two halves will not match each other and that means it is asymmetrical, a warning signs for melanoma. Cancerous moles are asymmetrical.

A benign mole has level, even borders, unlike melanomas. The borders of an early melanoma mole have a tendency to be uneven when it comes to the border. The edges of such moles may appear to have some pattern on them or have notches on them. Moles that aren’t cancerous tend to have smooth edges. Their shapes are often very evidently defined. Melanoma on the other hand often has indistinct and uneven borders. They often don’t have a clear shape.

Mostly all the benign moles are all of one single shade of brown color. But having moles of various colors is another serious warning signal that they could be cancerous. Colors like brown, tan or black could appear in case of cancerous melanomas. A melanoma can also appear in colors such as red, white or blue. Keep an eye on the color of your moles. A standard, harmless mole is usually just one color, tan or brain. Melanoma can be recognized in part because of its colors and shades. Beware of different colored moles as irregular colors can be a sign that you’ve got a cancerous spot.

Benign moles regularly have a smaller diameter than malignant ones. Melanomas usually have a diameter of ¼ inch or 6mm which is bigger in diameter than the eraser on your pencil tip, but they may appear to be smaller in sign sometimes when they are first noticed. Benign moles are a lot smaller. If you find a mole that is increasingly getting larger, it may indicate melanoma and a doctor should examine it.

Keep an eye on for any kind of modification with a normal mole. Like change in size, color, and shape are all signs of a cancerous mole. If you see a mole getting changed suddenly, immediately get some medical advice. Common and benign moles look the same over time with no change in shape or color. Just be vigilant of any mole on your body undergoing some change. When you see a mole is evolving, see a doctor. Be it any change in size, figure, color, elevation, or another attribute, or any new indication such as bleeding, itching or crusting, all point to danger.

admin

Back to top Go down

Post  on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:04 am

The Second Advent

Amillenialism is the closest to what I believe regarding the second coming.

admin

Back to top Go down

Post  on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:17 am

Nonspeaking Autistic Teen Writes Letter Explaining Autism

By Colby Itkowitz

For the first 14 and a half years of Gordy's life, Evan and Dara Baylinson had no reason to believe their son could comprehend anything they said: He had never spoken, and he couldn't really emote. They worried aloud about his future, not filtering what they said, because they didn't think he understood.

But Gordy was absorbing everything.

Unbeknownst to his parents for so many years, their son is a beautiful writer with a lot to say.

Gordy was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder when he was 17 months old. Gordy, now 16, doesn't speak, but his mind is a treasure trove of knowledge and opinions about the world that he's picked up from listening.

But it wasn't until February 2015 that his parents found that out.

"They do comprehend. They've been learning and listening their whole life," said Elizabeth Vosseller, the director at the therapy centre. "All the information is constantly going in and they never really forget it. It's such a revelation - so much is revealed about the kids when they start sharing."

This was discovered when Gordy was introduced to a relatively new type of therapy using a touchpad.

Gordy's full letter:

My name is Gordy, and I am a teenager with nonspeaking autism. I prefer this term rather than low functioning, because if I am typing you this letter, which I am, I am clearly functioning. I felt very strongly about writing you today, to give a little extra insight on the disconnected links that were supposed to make my brain and body work together in harmony. But, they don't and that's okay. You see, life for me and others like me is like a daily game, expect not fun, of tug-of-war. My brain, which is much like yours, knows what it wants and how to make that clear. My body, which is much like a drunken, almost six foot toddler, resists.

This letter is not a cry for pity, pity is not what I'm looking for. I love myself just the way I am, drunken toddler body and all. This letter is, however, a cry for attention, recognition and acceptance. With your attention, I can help you recognise the signs of nonspeaking autism. If you can recognise the signs, then you will be able to recognise our difference which then leads to the understanding of those differences which brings us to the wonders of acceptance. With these simple ingredients, together we can create a safe, welcoming and happy environment for both autistics and neurotypicals alike.

The physical signs to look for are flapping hands or some other socially unacceptable movement, words, noises or behaviour in general. That's uncontrollable. With a mind and feelings much like everyone else's, do you truly believe we like acting that way? I don't, that's for sure.

If one becomes aggressive, with biting or hitting for example, obviously protect yourself but there is no reason to use aggression in return. Remember, this aggression, is an uncontrollable reaction, most likely triggered by fear.

Nothing means more to people like us than respect. I can tell you with almost on hundred percent certainty the situation will go down a lot easier with this knowledge.

I have nothing but respect for you all and everything you do. If it weren't for you, I would never have had this opportunity to advocate for myself and other autistics. I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

Gordy

The full story (and pictures), can be seen on Stuff News.

Some comments

"Some of the greatest most sought after research scientists in the world have a common characteristic - they struggle with communication. Makes you wonder how many great minds are still hidden."

"Many are starting to realise that the brain can be perfect in some areas while shutting down in others (Stephen Hawking).  The brain is amazing please don't under estimate it."

"it took 14 years for somebody to try and communicate with him using anything other than mouth-noises. If he were deaf, would this have happened? If he were mute, would this have happened? Please stop assuming that just because somebody can't move their body perfectly, it means that they don't have anything to say."
admin

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum